I’m so excited to share today that the lovely Sapana at cookingwithsapana has nominated me for the Liebster Award! If you haven’t been to Sapana’s blog, you are truly missing out! She has a great collection of Indian recipes that are not only delicious but are shared in a way that makes us feel confident we can create them too.
For the Liebster Award the rules are:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
11 Facts about me:
1.I am a Christ loving gal.
2. I was born and raised in Fort Payne, AL.
3. I have only been to the Philippines once (when I was 10 years old) but I would like to go back again as an adult and bring my hubby along.
4. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a little girl.
5. Apparently when I was a small child, when I would go to the grocery store with my grandpa (Lolo), I would bang my head against the shopping cart until he gave in and bought what I wanted. (terrible)
6. I have one sibling who is eight years younger than me. His name is Ace.
7. I met my husband on match.com and I’m really glad he tolerates my dancing in the house and the jingles I make up and sing in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, and car.
8. I could live off of ice cream.
9. I think I worry too much.
10. I would rather cook than clean.
11. I lost my home in the deadly April 27th,2011 tornado that hit Tuscaloosa, AL. Fortunately, I was at my friend’s condo in a bathtub when the tornado went over us.
Questions from Sapana:
1. What is your favorite cuisine?
There are so many that I love but honestly, I think I would pick Italian or Indian.
2.Most happiest moment in your life?
Being proposed to with Crest White Strips in my mouth with an XXXL tshirt on and no makeup.
3.Strawberry or Vanilla?
Strawberry cake…vanilla ice cream 🙂
4.Have you ever had a cat?
Unfortunately, I am allergic so I have never had a cat.
5. If somehow you find a bag with one
million rupees what would you do?
Donate 40% of it to Christian missions and help pay off the debt of me and my family.
6.What do you like most in blogging?
I really enjoy being able to share helpful information with people related to every day eating and cooking. I think that blogging is also a nice way for people to get to learn more about you and your personal adventures 🙂
7.What are the best five words that would describe you?
Funny (self-proclaimed), Hyper, Corny, Caring, Dependable
8. What is your phobia?
Pain of any kind— emotional and physical
9. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Off the top of my head I’ll say eating crickets since that was recent but I’m sure there are weirder things that I’ve consumed 🙂
10.What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
I really enjoyed all of the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary 🙂
11. Which chef/cook has inspired your cooking the most?
Honestly, Rachael Ray or Sandra Lee…not because their food is the most exquisite complicated thing out there but more so because I think they did a great job of making me feel like it would be relatively easy to cook at home. I didn’t really start cooking until I went to college and one of the first recipes I tried in my apartment was a pasta and spinach dish by Rachael Ray 🙂
Blogs I nominate (some of the ones listed before likely have 200+ followers in some capacity or another but I’m going to nominate them any way because I like them and sometimes it’s just too dadgum hard to figure out how many overall followers a blog has!):
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. If you could only tell a stranger one thing about yourself, what would it be?
2. What’s your favorite dessert?
3. Favorite high school memory?
4. Cats, Dogs, Neither, or Other?
5. Your celebrity crush
6. Your favorite TV show
7. Who would be your “call a friend” lifeline if you were on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
8. How would you describe your clothing style?
9. Favorite cuisine to cook?
10. Favorite cuisine to eat?
11. Where do you see yourself in five years?